Project Coordinator - Financial Inclusion Programme
M.A.P is presently looking for a financial inclusion consultant. After November 2016, following demonetization, there has been a disproportionately severe impact on the country’s refugee population. With this background, M.A.P is currently running a project, which will be the first initiative that seeks to ameliorate the circumstances in which refugees find themselves in the wake of demonetization. The selected candidate will share responsibility for the overall management and implementation of programme activities and will have the following deliverables:
- Develop project roadmap: Assist in the development of the project design/strategy, identification of baseline, targets, means of verification, project indicators etc., for formulation of reporting systems and development of M&E systems.
- Analysis and collation of relevant financial policies: Compilation of the relevant financial policies and schemes that may apply to refugees as residents of India.
- Engagement with stakeholders: Hold at least 15 meetings with a range of stakeholders (government agencies and financial institutions/agents/associations).
- Pilot Study: Design and implement a pilot programme with 10 case studies, based on the findings of Activity 2 and Activity 3 (above), to test refugees’ practical access to financial services.
- Documentation: The Consultant will be responsible for the preparation and finalisation of a report to reflect the findings of Activity 2, 3 and 4.
- Conference: Assist in organising a year-end conference with relevant stakeholders to present/share the findings of the report and to use the platform as a means to create greater awareness about this population and come up with solutions to the gaps/challenges encountered during the pilot study.
- Reporting, Compliance and Correspondence: The Consultant will be expected to work with M.A.P’s staff to fulfil all the reporting/M&E requirements specified by the donor.
- Open to Indian nationals only.
- Graduate of Law, International Relations, Development Studies or a related field. A post-graduate degree will be an advantage, as will be prior experience in the field of banking and financial services.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience. Prior experience working with marginalised communities will be an advantage.
- Excellent command over written and spoken English.
- Ability to work under supervision in a team.
- Willingness to travel within New Delhi.
- The contract will initially be till 31 December 2018, and will be extendable for 2019 subject to availability of funding and the candidate’s performance.
Salary will be INR 40,000 per month; TDS (10%) will be deducted before payment. Applications for part-time consultancy may be considered depending on the candidate’s qualification and past experience.
The successful candidate will be expected to start between March 15th and April 1st 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
M.A.P is presently looking for both short-term and long-term volunteers for assisting the legal team with casework. The tasks shall include:
1. Assisting with client intake sessions, conducting intake interviews and providing legal counselling.
2. Conducting research on clients’ countries of origin, relevant case law and legal provisions.
3. Drafting client testimonies and legal submissions.
4. Conducting research for reports/projects on issues related to protection.
5. Maintaining office databases and drafting office correspondence.
Criteria for recruitment
1. Recent graduates or students of Law or International Relations.
2. Willingness to work 35-40 hours a week for a period of 1-6 months in New Delhi.
3. Willingness to travel within New Delhi.
Preference will be given to those with experience working with refugees/migrants/IDPs or other vulnerable populations.
Application Procedure & Timeline
Please email a letter of interest and an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Internship for (Month, Year) to (Month, Year)”. Please indicate clearly your period of availability in the subject line, as indicated above. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please note that this is an unpaid position.