LEGAL PROTECTION OFFICERS (MULTIPLE POSITIONS)The deadline for receiving applications for the post of Legal Protection Officer has passed and we are no longer accepting new applications. Due to the volume of applications received (over 200), only shortlisted candidates have been notified.
NOTE: M.A.P's internship programme is currently full and we will not offer internships until January 31st, 2019. If you wish to apply for an internship after this period, kindly send in your applications two months prior to your proposed start date. Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The tasks shall include:
1. Assisting with client intake sessions, conducting intake interviews and providing legal counselling.
2. Conducting research on clients’ countries of origin, relevant case law and legal provisions.
3. Drafting client testimonies and legal submissions.
4. Conducting research for reports/projects on issues related to protection.
5. Maintaining office databases and drafting office correspondence.
Criteria for recruitment
1. Recent graduates or students of Law or International Relations.
2. Willingness to work 35-40 hours a week for a period of 1-6 months in New Delhi.
3. Willingness to travel within New Delhi.
Preference will be given to those with experience working with refugees/migrants/IDPs or other vulnerable populations.
Application Procedure & Timeline
Please email a letter of interest and an up-to-date CV to email@example.com, with the subject line “Internship for (Month, Year) to (Month, Year)”. Please indicate clearly your period of availability in the subject line, as indicated above. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please note that this is an unpaid position.